Webinar: Intact Forests, Safe Communities
Join us for the Intact Forests, Safe Communities webinar to learn how forest management influences the risks we face from climate change such as wildfires and floods.
Dr. Peter Wood, Senior Forest Campaigner at Canopy and author of SCBC’s recent report ‘Intact Forests, Safe Communities‘, will explain how poor forest management practices can worsen climate change impacts and how improving forest practices can protect communities.
You will also hear from Jens Wieting of Sierra Club BC who will discuss how local and Indigenous governments can work with the provincial government to create better forest management practices, and how diverse groups of people can find common ground while working towards community resiliency in the face of climate change.
Check out these resources from the webinar!
- Hold a listening session in your community. Contact our lead organizer Flossie Baker at email@example.com if you’d like support.
- Pass a municipal resolution. If you need help with this, contact Flossie Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Elisabeth Noble at email@example.com
- Check out our new portal for ideas of how you can use your talents in the old-growth movement! You can join our network of action takers at InviteToAction.ca
- Sign a petition calling on the B.C. government to mitigate climate risks by protecting forests.
- Offer feedback to the provincial government.
- Intact Forests, Safe Communities
- Old-Growth Strategic Review
- B.C.’s Climate Preparedness and Adaptation Strategy
- Preliminary Strategic Climate Risk Assessment
- Balancing the Canoe
- Help us keep these webinars free! Please consider making a donation today to ensure we can continue to organize webinars like this one.