Episode 1: Electric Vehicles
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:58 — 35.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
In Episode 1 of our podcast Mission Transition: Powering BC’s Clean Energy Economy, we ask: what’s the deal with electric vehicles?
There are more than 6,000 electric vehicles on the road in BC. In this episode we look at who’s flipping the switch to electric vehicles, how to charge those EV batteries, why the EV revolution isn’t going to be quiet… and what it all means for public transportation.
Your hosts Susan Elrington and Caitlyn Vernon find out what local people are thinking—and doing—about the surge in electric vehicle interest.
Listen to our bonus interview with John and Andrew Wilson about converting Victoria’s vintage 1960s double decker sightseeing buses to electric power. You can also hear more about clean energy retrofits in Episode 2: Building Smarter.
Tag @SierraClubBC on Facebook and Twitter to let us know what you think about BC’s clean energy economy. You can subscribe to Mission Transition on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. Check out more episodes of Mission Transition and pledge your support for clean energy at sierraclub.bc.ca/podcast.
Can Electric Vehicles Work In Cold Northern Climates?
. . . Find out the answer by listening to this episode’s mythbuster! And learn more about the people and ideas mentioned in this episode at the links below:
Featured In This Episode:
- John Wilson, Wilson’s Transportation
- Neicia Dunn, The Wise Co: Sustainable Rentals
- Al Hasham, Maximum Express Courier
- Marc Lee, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
Electric Vehicles Have Been Making The News…
- Every Volvo Launched From 2019 Will Have an Electric Motor
- GM Outlines All-Electric Path to Zero Emissions
- 2018 Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Debuts as the Most Powerful Panamera Ever
- Buffett-Backed BYD to Open Electric-Truck Plant in Canada
- PepsiCo Makes Biggest Public Pre-Order of Tesla Semis: 100 Trucks
- Loblaw Commits to a Completely Electric or Hybrid Trucking Fleet
- EVs in BC Fact Sheets and List of Vancouver Island Charging Stations from Creatively United For the Planet
- Government of Canada Supports Electric and Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure in B.C.
- Norway’s Ampere Electric-Powered Ferry
- BC Firm Corvus Energy Secures Contract for New Norwegian All-Electric, Battery Powered Ferry
- Video: End of the Road for Victoria’s Vintage Double-Decker Fleet
- Release: Wilson’s Transportation Goes Electric with Vintage Double Deckers
Feature image of Chevy Volt by John Biehler, Flickr Creative Commons.