Episode 6 – Community Power: Taking Action
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:04 — 30.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
Canada’s postal worker union is at the bargaining table this year – with one major issue to negotiate. It’s not what you think: the only green they’re fighting for is the environment.
In Episode 6 of Sierra Club BC’s Mission Transition series, we catch up with CUPW to hear about the union’s inspiring plans for taking on the clean energy economy. We also hear ideas from members of the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce about how we can rethink the ways we live.
And we talk about what you can do: how you can get involved in helping build this exciting new economy. One example in Metro Vancouver is the other “Mission Transition”: Force of Nature’s great initiative to catalyze community for a fossil fuel free future. Learn more and get involved on the ground here.
Finally, don’t forget to send a message to BC Premier John Horgan telling him you support moving BC forward to a green economy.
Tag @SierraClubBC on Facebook and Twitter to let us know what you think about BC’s clean energy economy. You can subscribe to Mission Transition on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. Check out more episodes of Mission Transition and pledge your support for clean energy at sierraclub.bc.ca/podcast.
Featured In This Episode:
- Mike Palecek, National President, Canadian Union of Postal Workers
- Dave Grove, Royal Bay Bakery
- Kaitlin Martin, Silver and Gold Clothing
- Kayley Anderson, Synergy Enterprises
- What is a Circular Economy?
- Delivering Community Power: How Canada Post Can Be The Hub of New Green Economy
- Force of Nature, Mission Transition: Catalyzing Community for a Fossil Free Future
- Jeremy Moorhouse, Clean Energy Canada
Feature image: Black Rock Solar