These will still be visible when you make the call
- My name is _____ and I live in ______ (city)
- I am upset that BC Timber Sales – a public agency – is about to allow clearcut logging in Schmidt Creek, which could cause damage to beaches used by orca whales. Valleys like this should be off-limits to logging.
- It’s outrageous that my tax dollars are being used to support clearcutting of the last remaining old-growth on Vancouver Island. This money should be used for support the transition to improved management of second-growth forests economies.
- Your government promised to sustainably manage BC’s old-growth forests and watersheds. I am calling on you now to keep your commitment in support these globally rare forests and the people who depend on them. It’s time for BC Timber Sales to discontinue logging permits in remaining old-growth rainforests on Vancouver Island.
- Old-growth forest ecosystems like this are carbon sanctuaries that help us mitigate against the climate crisis. We need these forests standing so they can be a solution to climate change.