We are looking for a tech-savvy individual who is willing and able to help drive innovation and a culture of experimentation, testing and refinement within our organization. Working with external vendors and our internal teams, you’ll be the project manager and point person for the development and implementation of our IT systems including our Salesforce CRM, mass communication tools and fundraising tools, including donations processing tools.
This is a contract position based onsite at our offices in Victoria, B.C. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
Hours required over the course of the project implementation are expected to be as follows:
- January through June 2019: Approx. 370 hours in total.
- July through Dec 2019: Averaging 2 hours/week as needed for special projects and technical assistance.
The contractor will be supervised by the Director, Communications and will create a detailed work plan for their review so as to confirm the exact work schedule by month.
Contract rate: $65-90/hour based on experience.
Project management: Create and manage project plans in conjunction with internal teams and vendors to meet our organization’s business requirements as we transition to a central CRM and integration with upgraded mass communication tools.
Systems management: Ensure the continued smooth and effective operation, including integration, performance, data hygiene and security, of our digital tools to meet the organization’s business goals. Systems consist of our CRM (Salesforce), donor management software (Causeview), digital marketing tools (e.g., MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, New/Mode, FormAssembly, Gravity Forms), and our fundraising software (i-Wave). Specific responsibilities include:
- Understand all software functionality at a moderate level
- Manage software at a moderate administrative level to ensure all users can properly use the software and derive business value
- Manage vendor relationships and agreements for software licenses, project work and ongoing support
- Create, document and implement internal and vendor roles, responsibilities and processes
- Coordinate and gather requirements from business user primes with vendors
- Create future roadmap for IT projects
- Expertise with Salesforce and plug-in integrations. Strong technical knowledge and skills, including administering and developing CRM and CMS systems (Salesforce).
- Demonstrated experience with Causeview and Campaign Monitor is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and facility translating technical issues into plain English for non-technical staff.
- Strong project management skills ( ability to document policies and procedures, history of changes, roadmaps for implementations, tracking troubleshooting issues)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (ability to train staff, ability to communicate problems effectively to vendors)
- Solution oriented
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with a multitude of technology platforms including: Mailchimp, Gravity Forms, New/Mode, WordPress, Causeview, Salesforce, Action Grid, Conga, iAS, WordPress, Outlook, Campaign Monitor, FormAssembly, Salesforce Lightning, i-Wave and Survey Monkey.
Sierra Club BC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of Indigenous ancestry, people of colour, LGBTQQIP2SA individuals and members of other diverse communities to apply for careers with our organization.
Submit cover letter and CV, with the words “Application for IT Specialist” in the subject line to Sierra Club BC Office/HR Manager Lynn Bakken. No phone calls please. Only applicants short-listed will be contacted. Resumes and cover letters can also be e-mailed directly to Lynn Bakken at email@example.com.
To enjoy the earliest consideration for this position, please submit by December 15, 2018.